Wednesday 31 July 2013

Chicken, potato and spinach curry - Slimming World recipe

Wow I can't believe it's been a month since I last blogged, I do apologise everyone, life has been very hectic over the last month.. I'm now holiday from work for the summer so hopefully I will have more time to devote to my blog.

Anyway the dish above is chicken, potato and spinach curry, this is a Slimming World recipe (which is available from the good to know recipes website) but honestly you would never guess it from the taste or the look of the curry. It is a quick and easy recipe that does not require a lot of preparation and once the ingredients are in the pan you can just forget about the curry until its cooked. These are the kind of dishes I love to cook - put it all in one pot and leave it to cook, it's also a bonus that it is a healthy dish as I am on a bit of a diet at the moment.

The curry was really flavoursome and had the right amount of heat for me although if somebody wanted more or less heat then the amount of curry powder could easily be changed to suit their tastes. My version of this dish was definitely lacking spinach, I had the right amount but as I've not cooked much with spinach I felt as I was preparing it that there was too much and did not use it all. This was a mistake on my part because as it cooked it wilted, so in future when it comes to spinach I will use the amount specified.

We got a good few servings from this recipe, there was only two of us eating it so we enjoyed the leftovers for a couple of days and as with most curries I think it tasted even better after spending a night sat in my fridge. I had mine on it's own but my other half had rice and pitta bread with his which complimented it perfectly.



No comments:

Post a Comment