Sunday 30 June 2013

Chocolate Birthday Cake from 'A Passion For Baking'


I love Jo Wheatley, she's definitely up there with Nigella as my joint favourite family cook.

Jo's first book 'A Passion For Baking' permanently lives on my kitchen table as I use it so much. I have made the Chocolate Birthday Cake from the book at least fifteen times this year alone. It looks and tastes delicious and is really versatile. It is a big hit with family and friends who cannot get enough of the taste. The cake is moist and tasty and the chocolate ganache which I make with all milk chocolate rather than the mix of milk and dark is just to die for, I could just sit eating it with a spoon straight from the dish.

The cake above is from a family gathering and I made it as a last minute offering for the party. I chose this recipe as it has never let me down and I knew everyone would enjoy it. It went down a real treat and I had numerous requests for me to make other people their own individual cakes.

I imagine this particular cake will appear again in the near future (maybe with different decorations) as I make it so much.


2 comments:

  1. This is my go-to chocolate cake recipe...its fab! Jo's vanilla cake is another hit too :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes you're right Paula, Jo's vanilla cake is lovely, that's my go-to vanilla cake recipe. x

    ReplyDelete