Tuesday 28 May 2013

Welcome to my brand spanking new blog

As the title says "welcome to my new blog", I've been wanting to make a blog for so long and have finally taken the plunge and done it, it's a little nerve wracking but I'm sure once I've gotten the hang of it I will be hooked.

From the name of my blog you can probably guess I do like to bake - layer cakes, cupcakes, loaf cakes, biscuits, cookies, crumbles to be honest any kind of baking. However as a busy Mum I do also do a lot of cooking for my family - nothing fancy just hearty, filling food that most importantly my family enjoy. You will probably find the majority of what I do post will end up being sweet treats but there will also be enough savoury recipes to keep the non bakers happy.

Ok a little bit about myself, I'm 27 years old and live with my partner and our two children. I work as a teaching assistant and I'm also studying part time with the Open University for a foundation degree. I am a bit of a cookbook addict and have at least a hundred of them - I can't give an exact figure but I will get back to you with a number when I get a chance however as I seem to be constantly buying them it does seem to be a rapidly changing number.

I love to bake and cook for my family and I hope that you enjoy the treats that come from my kitchen.


P.s I do apologise for the picture quality, the pictures have been taken on my Blackberry phone so unfortunately do not look very professional. I need to remember to use my digital camera for the purpose of taking pictures for this blog. I'll get the hang of this blogging and taking pictures lark soon.


4 comments:

  1. Best of luck with your new blog. I'm looking forward to reading about all your creations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou so much for your kind words Brownieville Girl. I was a little worried that nobody would want to read what I have to say. Am I right in thinking you used to be on the Nigella.com forums? I'm sure I recognise your name from there - I was manic_mummy on there.

      I've really enjoyed reading your blog too.

      Delete
  2. So glad you took the plunge...welcome to the blogging world! :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou so much Paula, honestly it was your blog tha gave me the inspiration to take that plunge. x

      Delete